E-Newsletter, December 2008
Welcome to TASTE LIFE!! Life is easy and we make it hard. The purpose of this monthly ezine is to empower you to take charge of your health, have more work/life balance to create more time for YOU, and to fully taste the life you love.
To ensure delivery of this ezine, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book, spam filter "whitelist," or tell your company's IT group to allow this address to pass through any filtering software they may have set up.
5 BORK FAMILY HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS
Dani suggests: Green gifts are great, inexpensive alternatives to your usual holiday gift giving style. The main thing to remember is to make sure the gifts are practical; then they are sure to be used and loved by your recipient. Here are few tips:
- To eliminate unnecessary waste, wrap your gifts in reusable bags from your local grocery store. You will not only eliminate wrapping paper waste but also provide a bonus gift they can use over and over.
- For the green skeptic, give them a box of compact fluorescent light bulbs and offer to help swap these for their old ones. You will prove to them that each bulb uses around 75% less energy when they get their next utility bill. (Dani has done this around our entire house!!)
- For the host of the holiday party, whip up this easy, natural cleaning product in a spray bottle for the host. Stick around until the end of the party to help clean up and demonstrate how great it works.
Lane Bendzicks Environment Friendly Cleaner we use on counters, appliances and hard surfaces
In a 16 oz spray bottle:
Place 1 tsp Borax in bottle
Add 2 Tbsp vinegar
Add warm/hot water to nearly full.
Shake to dissolve Borax.
Add 2 Tbsp biodegradable dish soap
- Gary suggests: He spent 6 evenings changing 700 white lights to colored lights on our tree this year. (Dont ask!) He recommends the Light Keeper Pro, www.LightkeeperPro.com, to easily change mini lights, and stay married. It is worth the $20.00 and is found at stores that sell holiday lights.
- Brett recommends: $5.00 gift cards for your college students favorite fast food place. No more than five dollars, as the kid will just take his friends and waste the moms money! Bretts favorite is Chipolte!
Quick!! Think of the top 3 people who make you feel more alive, happy and optimistic. Call them this month and thank them for being born. They are your important treasures in life more important than money, stuff or success.
Give a gift of wellness. Click here for a list of holiday gift ideas for less stress, better nutrition or more fitness.
Purpose, Passion, Happiness & Health Coaching Gift Certificate
Know someone who is tired of being tired and is ready for 2009 to find purpose, peace of mind and productivity? I can help! I am offering a 2009 Life Coaching Slice of Heaven Holiday Package.
One month of life coaching three 45 minute telephone sessions for $199.00 (valued at $350.00)
Click here and send me an email for more information.
INTRODUCING THE 90-DAY INTENTION BRACELET
Savor Your Life Today Gems of Empowerment Jewelry with a Purpose
Give the gift that gives energy and empowerment forever.
Gift your friends, family or yourself.
You have a dream. You want a new job, a new relationship or to start a business. Maybe you just want to be happy. You hope. You wait. You hope some more and get no closer to your dreams.
Make your dreams come true with the 90 Day Intention Bracelet. The beads have been carefully researched and chosen to help you conceive, believe and achieve your dream.
Conceive Gives you permission to visualize what your want
Believe Trust that you will get it, no matter what
Achieve Energizes your intention with your behavior
How does the bracelet work?
You create your intention and the 90 day date start and end date and register your bracelet with Cherecoach. Each month you will receive a supportive accountability email to empower you to reach your goal. When you accomplish your intention you will receive a special charm to be added to your bracelet to remind you how powerful you are.
Is a daily beautiful visual reminder of what you desire today for your future tomorrow.
Send a check for $100.85 ($90.00 + $5.85 Tax + $5.00 shipping) to:
Savor Your Life Today Gems of Empowerment,
6492 Matthew Circle, Eden Prairie, MN 55346-1116 or www.paypal.com.
END OF THE YEAR COACHING EXERCISE
Make a list of the top 10 accomplishments in 2008 that you are most proud of. (You can email me a copy!)
Make a list of the mistakes, regrets, things you wished you hadnt done or said in the past year. Clean up these mistakes if it is appropriate.
Make a list of the top 5 people who made the most difference in your life. Let them know!
Promise yourself not to think about January until December 26. Enjoy the magic of the season.
CHERECOACH QUESTION THAT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE
How can I give my gift of energy to someone I cherish?
How can I give my gift of time to someone I treasure?
Since 1999 I have had a hard time describing what transpires during a coaching session. Coaching is an experiential process as well as an intellectual one. Talking about coaching isn't the same thing as being coached. Click here or call me at 952.937.5697 to reserve your complimentary, no obligation, 30-minute Coaching Session. If you are ready to take action towards obtaining the life you really want this is your first step.
Experience coaching first hand and create an action plan that will help you move forward with your goals and dreams. I guarantee one tip, tool, question or strategy that will give you more energy, balance, focus, happiness or health.
TASTING LIFE REAL PEOPLE EXAMPLES
My thoughts on being time rich sang with many Taste Life subscribers.
Hello Chere you know, I have been on your email list for some time now and always look forward to receiving your Taste Life this time decided to reply as I received it at a perfect time for me you share so much of yourself so honestly that it helps people like me more than you know the time rich, time poor helped me put my priorities in order for today and I wanted to thank you Merry Christmas!
Mary R. Schuler, U of Mn Extension, Carver County, Cologne MN
Dear, dear Chere, I enjoy all your newsletters, and this is one of my absolute favorites! Many things in it resonated with me. Plus, your Time-Rich Living Idea #5 is very much in line with what I wrote about in my column this week! How cool is that?!
And regarding #2, I say perfection is DEFINITELY a form of procrastination, but it's difficult for many of us to see it that way. So often I hear the expression "Done is better than perfect." I should have that in a big sign on my wall. :>
I also loved reading about the wonderful family time you had with your mom. Andeverything else.
Betty, a columnist for the Chanhassen Villager
Hi Chere, I love the 5 tips for time rich living. Hope you are well and wish you and your family a wonderful holiday filled with good health, love and joy. You had a very positive impact on me for the short time we met. Thank you. I am still loving Curves at Hopkins and Wayzata. You are amazing!
Bobbi Ettinger - Curves, 154 No. Blake Rd. Tele. is 952-908-1000
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it."
TASTE LIFE BALANCE RECIPE OF THE MONTH
HEALTHY HOLIDAY FROZEN PUMPKIN PIE
Pumpkin pie means celebration and family times! Yes!
I wanted to enjoy a sweet and a roaring fire with Gary after we decorated the Christmas tree. This pie is easy to make ahead, tasty and low in fat. The pies bonus is the beautiful beta carotene, which decreases cancer risk. This treat is low calorie and with a smaller serving size could make every day a holiday!
16 gingersnap cookies
1 tablespoon butter or margarine*, melted
4 cups or 1 quart vanilla non-fat or low fat frozen yogurt or ice milk softened**
1 15-ounce can solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice ***
Preheat oven to 300¡F.
In a blender or food processor, process cookies into fine crumbs. Slowly add melted margarine or butter. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool.
Use an electric mixer to combine pumpkin, frozen yogurt and spices. Mix until well combined and spoon into cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
Yield: 8 servings
Serve with warm conversation and roaring fire.
*I used Smart Balance Buttery Spread which is great for baking, frying and cooking. 1 tbsp of Smart Balance provides 80 calories, 9 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat. 1 tbsp of butter provides 100 calories, 11 grams fat, 7 grams saturated fat
** I used Kemps Low Fat Frozen yogurt
***You can substitute ¸ tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, ¹ tsp ginger and 1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 of pie: Calories 199, Protein 4 grams, Fat 6 grams, Sat Fat 3 grams, Carb 29 grams
Food exchanges = 2 starches
1/8 pie no crust: Calories 137, Protein 4 grams, Fat 3 grams, Sat Fat 2 grams, Carb 25 grams
If you are in a hurry and wish to use a quick frozen pie crust:
1/8 of pie: Calories 227, Protein 10 grams, Fat 9 grams, Sat fat 5 grams, Carb 37 grams
HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS THAT HAVE NO COST AND BRING HAPPINESS AND HEALTH
Last night Gary, Dani and I spent a lovely evening eating chili and driving around looking at holiday lights with the Tim Thoma family. A delightful evening rich in serotonin! Serotonin is a chemical in your brain that is related to feeling good. When you are depressed, or sad, you often have low levels of serotonin. Research has shown that when you are on the receiving end of goodness your serotonin levels actually rise. However, the better news is that when you deliver your goodness or gift of YOU, your serotonin levels also rise almost equally. When you increase your serotonin levels, you lower your stress levels and actually increase your inner peace and joy. So if you are feeling dazed by these supposed holidays, give yourself the best gift the gift of serotonin to yourself and to others.
Coach Meg (Margaret Moore), my mentor and friend, suggests these gifts that will create holiday happiness for both you and the recipient of your gift.
- Express gratitude The simple act of thanking people can bring happiness and well-being. Saying thank you, as it turns out, is not just good manners; it's good for you, too. University of California Davis psychology professor Robert Emmons has found that grateful people tend to be more optimistic, a characteristic that boosts the immune system.
- Share precious time with others Your well-being is dependent on giving and sharing in ways that make a difference in the world. Your time is the most valuable thing you can share. Make someone your favorite home-cooked meal and dont drop it at the door, savor it together. Give your time to see a movie, hike, walk, or visit a museum any fun outing together that is a simple pleasure and generates fond memories.
- Forgive Release negative emotions that follow you around like little rain clouds by forgiving those you love. Youll both benefit. Memorialize it make an occasion to mark, share, and celebrate your forgiveness.
- Laugh Arrange times with people you care about to laugh by reminiscing about old times or enjoying favorite jokes. Watch a funny television show or movie. Laughter is infectious and safe to spread.
- Cherish family and friends Unconditional appreciation can make anyone feel like a million bucks. Be fully present and listen mindfully without a trace of judgment. Accept people you care about wholeheartedly as they are today. Often it is best to choose a close connection over being right.
- Say 'I love you' The ability to love and be loved is one of the character strengths that correlates most with happiness. Make the demonstration of your love unforgettable.
- Give a compliment You know how good you feel when someone gives you a compliment. Return the favor and feel good too.
- Pass along a family heirloom Give a sentimental gift to someone close, an old framed photo, a cherished book, a sweater, or trinket. The recipient will never forget a gift close to your heart.
- Give a "Freebie" certificate for an experience or service that would make a difference in someones life an exotic home-cooked meal, a cooking lesson, a hobby session, help organizing a closet, or babysitting duties.
- Create flow experiences Help friends and family engage in activities that bring them flow, a state of complete absorption in a challenging activity that uses ones strengths and stretches ones skills.
Could you give a better holiday gift than your time and energy to the ones you love and care about? The gift list is endless! This holiday season share the present of your presence. At the same time you will boost your own serotonin levels and have the most joyful holiday season of your life.
I wish for you, my dear Taste Life reader, a serotonin filled holiday. Remember life is a gift and you can choose to open it! Warmly and with gratitude, Chere
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE SOME BIG CHANGES IN 2009? NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Join me in a FREE, interactive, fun informative teleclass MAKE 2009 YOUR BEST YEAR EVER. All you need are 2 free hours and a phone. Class meets for two consecutive weeks, one hour each week. Mark your calendars for Monday January 12 and January 19, 2008 at 7 pm CST 7:50 CST. Grab your partner, spouse or girlfriend and create the support to make this your best year ever. Register together. Click here and I will send you the details.
This 2 hour class jump-started my latest venture, Embrace Encouragement, where I serve as a personal coach working with musicians and artists who want to take their gifts to higher levels and new audiences."
Wendy V. www.embraceencouragement.com, and www.wendyv.com
I could go on and on about how much power your words and thoughts have motivated ME!! I LOVE the idea about putting my vision on separate pieces of paper - and then I can make it into a mini scrapebook for this YEAR of my Little SLICE of heaven!!! What a truly wonderful way to start out the new year I am filled with such hope and JOY!!! Sincere thanks for your wonderful spirit
Where is Cherecoach in the media and speaking?
Health Partners Keep It Off Program, Minneapolis, MN
Chere Bork came highly recommended and exceeded our expectations. Her energy, enthusiasm, and ability to connect with people by understanding their every day energy drains and chargers kept everyone in the audience engaged. We all came away with renewed energy to prioritize the important things in our lives, get rid of some of our shoulds, feeling better about ourselves and optimistic regarding our ability to make positive changes to make our lives richer and more satisfying.
Nancy E. Sherwood, Phd, Research Investigator, Health Partners Research Foundation, Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota
Marcia Gahagan Hayes, MPH RD, Senior Research Project Manger, Health Partners Research Foundation
December 2, 2008, Institute for Professional Speaker Development, National Speaker Association, Minnesota Chapter, Co-facilitator of the 2008 2009 Apprentice Program, Bloomington, MN
December 4, 2008 Prince of Peace Mothers Of Preschoolers (MOPS) , Enjoy Your Holidays with Healthy Confidence, Burnsville, MN
December 17, 2008, Medtronic, 12 week telephone weight loss class graduation party
If you enjoy these coaching tips on holiday riches and want to help others, please forward this issue to your co-workers, staff, family and friends. I appreciate your support. Missed an article? Visit the archived editions at http://letters.webvalence.com/sites/TasteLife/
I am a proud Member of the National Speaker Association
My passion is to empower you to have an easy life, radiating extraordinary health and well being. Can you feel it? Call today for a 30-minute complimentary coaching session. I guarantee one tip, tool, question or strategy that will make your life easier!!
Coaching is one on one, on the telephone, confidential and life changing!
You only have one life to live
~ imagine if it was one you loved.
Chere Bork, MS RD LN, Life Coach who puts LIFE in your lifestyle!
Owner of Savor Your Life Today Coaching and Seminars