E-Newsletter, November 2005
Welcome to TASTE LIFE!! Life is easy and we make it hard. The purpose of this ezine is to empower you to take charge of your health, have more work/life balance to create more time for YOU, and to fully taste the life you love.
IN THIS ISSUE
5 Things You Can Do In November
Tasting Life Real People Examples
Taste Life Balance November Recipe
Are You Ready For Planned Abandonment and More Time?
Where is Chere Speaking?
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO IN NOVEMBER
Why not? Savor Your Life Today!
ICE your cell phone. ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. Add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone number of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf. You can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cell phone NOW!
Still worried about the price of gas? Visit www.gasbuddy.com that lists the best and worst prices by state.
Looking for the lowest priced Holiday Greeting Card or digital prints for holiday cards? Costco charges 17 cents a print and $15.99 / 50 holiday cards. Go to www.costco.com and click on Photo Center.
- Boost your immune system now to prevent and lessen the effects of a cold or flu. Eat more of these immune boosting foods recommended by Dr. Andrew Weil.
- Eat several daily servings of fresh, organically grown fruits and vegetables.
- Add garlic to your diet - raw, if possible, otherwise lightly cooked.
- If you're a coffee drinker, substitute green tea.
- Drink several glasses of good-quality water each day to help keep your mucous membranes moist enough to fight off any viruses they encounter.
- Intentionally purchase or find in your kitchen a smaller dinner plate and a tall skinny drinking glass to get ready for the calorie laden holiday season. Start using it today. The average person gains about 1 pound each holiday season and never loses it
We judge how much we should eat by the size or our plate and of course the bigger the plate the more likely to fill up and eat the entire serving. Avoid the old American desire to use your old plate as a guide as to how much your tummy needs. Its wrong! Studies show that when people use tall, skinny glasses instead of short squat ones they drink 80% less compared to short wide glasses.
CHERECOACH QUESTIONS THAT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE
What can you deliberately abandon from your life to truly energize your upcoming holiday season?
What are your top two priorities and focus for the last 2 months of this year?
What can you deliberately abandon to have the time and energy to focus on these priorities?
Click here (then press Send) to sign up for a complimentary 30-minute telephone coaching sessionyour first step toward getting a little planned abandonment in your life.
SIZZLIN STEVEN IS TASTING LIFE
Steven is practicing planned abandonment!
I want one unbooked Saturday and Sunday a month. Im sick of running around!
I want more time to myself. Im tired of running around to concerts and other peoples houses for dinner.
I am quitting drinking chardonnay altogether. It heats up my system with unwanted calories and the taste of what Ive had lately hasnt been close to worth it. It interferes with my sleep at 5am when Im hot and too revved up to sleep well.
OUTRAGEOUS OP IS TASTING LIFE
I just had my VO2Max test done again for setting goals for base period and gearing up for next race season! I last had my VO2Max done in March 2005 (after doing base work from Oct-Mar). Wow, am I excited!!! (Can't tell can you?????) My VO2 peak increased 11 mL/kg!!!!!! I feel awesome. Enjoy the GLORIOUS weather and savor the sights & smells.
OP, the marathon & triathlon athlete who is savoring life.
Given another shot at life, I would seize every minute
look at it and really see it
and never give it back.
TASTE LIFE BALANCE RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Bretts Pot Roast
3 pound sirloin tip roast
1 jar (26 ounces) your favorite meatless spaghetti sauce
Oregano (to taste)
Place sirloin tip roast in crock pot. Spoon sauce over and sprinkle oregano over sauce.
Cook 8 to 10 hours on low. Serve with feta cheese and chopped parsley.
Serve with field greens salad, whole wheat roll, glass of milk and warm conversation.
ARE YOU READY FOR PLANNED ABANDONMENT AND MORE TIME?
Whew! It seems like Brett and Danielle just started school and now we are putting away the Halloween lights and decorations. Where did autumn go? September and October were full of speaking engagements, coaching clients and teleclasses. I got what I wished for empowering people to fall in love with their lives. My wish also meant I ended up being away from home many evenings
too many evenings.
All fall I was looking forward to a Minnesota Coaches Association meeting with an international expert on branding. Our association was so excited we decided to phone all 346 members and personally invite them to this really special speaker. I personally phoned 29 coaches and invited them to this special event. I told each of them I would meet them at the meeting!
The day of the event I choose not to go. Frances Hesselbein, former CEO of the Girl Scouts and president of the Drucker Foundation, calls this planned abandonment, which is deliberately abandoning even good things in our lives so we can focus on a few priorities. Yes, setting priorities and determining what to abandon can be difficult. My priorities are to be a wonderful wife, caring mom and empowering speaker and life coach. Being gone so much I didnt feel too wonderful" or "too caring with the people I lived with.
Why is planned abandonment a great idea?
- First, it reminds us to focus on what we really want and who we really want to be.
- It helps us look to our future and not our past.
- It helps us to focus on opportunities in the future, not problems of our past.
- It helps us focus on what truly energizes us and ways to get more energy and, hopefully, get rid of some of our energy drains.
I wish for you to be able to take the time to create a little planned abandonment so you can feel the joyful spirit of the upcoming holiday season. Why? Abandoning things today creates the space for your possibilities of tomorrow. What are you waiting for? The best possible holiday season of your life is a waiting you when you decide you want purposeful possibilities.
Are you already afraid of the scale after the daze of the holidays?
Participant feedback: I lost 29.5 pounds in 12 weeks. In 3 months I lost 22 pounds and am feeling great.
I have a solution
mindfully eat and then enroll in Cheres 12-week telephone weight loss class. Click here for details of next January 2006 class.
Where is Cherecoach speaking?
- November 2, 2005, Minnetonka Community Ed - 5 Secrets and 5 Ingredients to Change Your Life
- November 3, 2005, Westonka Community Ed - 5 Secrets and 5 Ingredients to Change Your Life
- November 4, 2005, Minnetonka Public Schools, Paraprofessionals Staff Development - kNOw Your Way to Balance
- November 4, 2005, Minnetonka Public Schools, Clerical Staff Development kNOw Your Way to Balance
- November 9, 2005, DRIASI, Chanhassen, MN Health Fair Fast Food Exhibit and Wellness Coaching
- November 10, 2005, Blue Earth County Labor Management Team, Mankato, MN kNOw Your Way to Balance Even During the Holidays
- November 15, 2005, Medtronic - Stressed Up for the Holidays teleclass
- November 15, 2005, Care Providers of Minnesota Convention and Expo Nursing Home Administrators Leadership Luncheon Taste Your Life Today dessert edutainment
- November 16, 2005, Waconia Community Education - 5 Secrets and 5 Ingredients to Change Your Life
- November 17, 2005, Ridgeview Excelsior Clinic Living (and actually enjoying) the Spirit of the Holidays
If you enjoy these coaching tips on planned abandonment and want to help others, please forward this issue to your co-workers, staff, family and friends. I appreciate your support. My passion is to empower you to have an easy life, radiating extraordinary health and well being. Can you feel it? Call today for a 30-minute complimentary coaching session. I guarantee one tip, tool, question or strategy that will make your life easier!!
You only have one life to live
~ imagine if it was one you loved.
Chere Bork, MS RD LN, Life Coach who puts LIFE in your lifestyle!
Owner of Savor Your Life Today Coaching and Seminars