E-Newsletter, September 2005
Welcome to TASTE LIFE!! Life is easy and we make it hard. The purpose of this ezine is to empower you to take charge of your health, have more work/life balance to create more time for YOU, and to fully taste the life you love.
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO IN SEPTEMBER
Why not? Savor Your Life Today!
- Give generously! LINKS FOR DONATIONS TO HURRICAN KATRINA VICTIMS...
http://www.redcross.org or call 1-800-HELP-NOW
http://www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- "Taste Breakfast Month with the Bork familys favorite cereal Kashi Go Lean Crunch which provides 8 grams of fiber in only 1 cup. (Your goal is 25 grams of fiber/day!)
- Always keep several get-well cards on the mantel so if unexpected guests arrive, they will think you've been ill and unable to clean. Submitted by Kathleen in Nashville, TN, who used to dust and clean.
- Try an organic apple, which average about 1/3 higher in phytochemicals than non-organic. Phytochemicals are found in the peel, but non-organic apples have pesticide residues in the peel.
- On Sept 1, 2005, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will receive calls and be charged for these calls. To prevent this, call this number from your cell phone: 1-888-382-1222, which is the National DO NOT CALL list. Your number will be blocked for 5 years. www.donotcall.gov.
CHERECOACH QUESTIONS THAT COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Where am I shoulding myself?
What should" can I take out of my life today?
Click here (then press Send) to sign up for a complimentary 30-minute telephone coaching session your first step toward getting rid of those shoulds in your life.
EXCELLENT ELLIE IS TASTING LIFE
I realize I can make a change in my life through my beliefs. I do self talk now which makes me feel more confident and secure. I can do anything NOW!! My gifts show up when my needs are met. I will live abroad and be self employed and my values I have learned will guide me.
Excellent Ellie Americoach Coaching Client
MAKING IT HAPPEN MELISSA IS TASTING LIFE
"I am leaving my left brain at work. Yesterday I left work (managed care clinic) on time at 5:00 pm and came home and exercised. Ate dinner. Had a walk. Played Old Maid and I even read a book. I had a totally enjoyable night. I used to bring work home and think about it all night. Today I actually woke up today 30 minutes earlier and felt excited to go to work. I even put on red lipstick today I usually don't at the clinic. I got rid of my shoulds. I found shoulds suck the life out of me. I no longer want assumptions or shoulds to rob my time. I want more fun and more bling to my life."
Making it Happen Melissa, Nurse Practioner Family Practice Clinic
The first step in having a happy and joyful life is deciding what you want, NOT what you SHOULD want.
TASTE LIFE BALANCE RECIPE OF THE MONTH
What a great tomato summer! With the glorious Minneapolis weather I enjoyed my first tomato July 11th much earlier than normal. Tomatoes contain lycopene, which has been found to have an anticancer effect on breast and prostrate cancer. Studies are also demonstrating that people who consume more lycopene have less skin cancer.
Cheres Garden Salsa
1 small can green chilies
8 10 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 bunch green onions, finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients and add lime juice to taste.
ARE YOU SHOULDING ON YOURSELF?
September 3rd is here and our 3-month family membership at the Community Center expired today. Danielle and I joined and worked out a total of 6 times all summer, which prompted Gary to calculate our cost per workout at $15.00. Kinda expensive! We did have a plan a plan to work out after Danielle got home from work at 5:00 pm. We were challenged by the weather being too hot, Danielle being too tired, or simply being too busy. The equipment was old and in need of repair. The workout room felt depressing, not energizing. The summer flew by and after our July family vacation we quit shoulding ourselves about going to the Community Center.
I went alone to work out a few times. But, after I worked out with Danielle it was totally no fun, boring and a total "should" to exercise all alone. I wanted to be with Danielle every minute she would spare for the three months she was home this summer. "I should exercise" versus "I want to be with Danielle and burn some cals on the treadmill at the same time." Can you feel the difference?
Wants are joy, and happiness from the inside out. Exercising without Danielle was a should totally guilt based. Wants empower. Shoulds dis-empower. Wants bring joy. Shoulds bring guilt and self blame. Wants satisfy inner happiness YOUR happiness. Shoulds satisfy exernal happiness someone elses happiness.
When we tell ourselves we should do something it sets us up for disappointment and dissatisfaction. When we dont live up to our shoulds, we judge ourselves as bad or not good enough. Listen to your inner voice this week. Ask yourself as you go about your day, Is this a should? or Is this a want? What should you do about your long list of shoulds? You dont have to do anything only if you WANT to!
If you believe THIS SEPTEMBER after school starts is the time to create a healthier lifestyle and lose weight at the same time, then register for the LEARN telephone weight loss class that starts Sept 19, 2005.
Lifestyle ~ Exercise ~ Attitude~ Relationships~ Nutrition LEARN Telephone Weight Loss Class
Click here to LEARN!
PAY IT FORWARD COACHING PRESENTS AN EVENING OF ENERGY AT THE HOPE CHEST FOR BREAST CANCER
If you believe you want more passion and purpose in your life and want to connect with other like-minded women in the Minneapolis area attend the next coaching party. Mark your calendar for September 21, 2005. Hosted by Chere Bork and Lisa Cotter, who provide you with unconditional loving support, coaching tools that will enhance your life, and connections to all of our resources!
Learn more at http://www.cherecoach.com/events.htm and register for the next event today at http://www.mollyguard.com/event/18961715.
LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE, EARN MORE AND WORK LESS Group Telecoaching for Women
If you believe you are done with overwhelm and are ready for a more simplified, balanced life after a fun, yet hectic, summer, you are invited to LOVE the life you live, EARN MORE and WORK LESS!
Four sessions of group coaching with Lisa and Chere begin October 10, 2005. Relax and learn from your home or office over the phone. Save money on gas and travel time. The only added cost is the long distance call.
- Your Dreams Become Your REALITY
- Clarity of Small Steps to Take Charge of Life
- Intentional Questions to SHIFT Your Perspective
- Access to Chere and Lisas Creative RESOURCES
- Value Based Living
- Creation of a SUSTAINABLE Solution to your bottom line
LEARN more at http://www.cherecoach.com/events.htm and register at http://www.mollyguard.com/event/18148282.
Where is Cherecoach speaking?
- September 7, 2005, National Association of Women Business Owners - MN Chapter, NAWBO Connection Mini Trade show at the Metropolitan
- September 14, 2005, Edina Community Ed Top 3 Secrets to Lose Weight
- September 19, 2005 LEARN 12 week Telephone Weight Loss Class
- September 21, 2005, PAY IT FORWARD COACHING PRESENTS A Random Act of Kindness Life Coaching Event AN EVENING OF ENERGY! Held at the Hope Chest
- September 21, 2005, Medtronic LEARN 12 week Telephone Weight Loss Class
- September 28, 2005, Westonka Community Ed Your Money and Your Life: You Can Keep More of Both!
- September 29, 2005, Minnetonka Community Ed Discover Yourself Through Personal Life Coaching
If you enjoy these coaching tips on shoulds and want to help others, please forward this issue to your co-workers, staff, family and friends. I appreciate your support. My passion is to empower you to have an easy life, radiating extraordinary health and well being. Can you feel it? Call today for a 30-minute complimentary coaching session. I guarantee one tip, tool, question or strategy that will make your life easier!!
You only have one life to live
~ imagine if it was one you loved.
Chere Bork, MS RD LN, Life Coach who puts LIFE in your lifestyle!
Owner of Savor Your Life Today Coaching and Seminars