All I want for Christmas is a gratitude visit
What gift could you give someone that you care about that costs you nothing
and is absolutely priceless? Your gratitude! Being grateful is an art that needs to be practiced moment to moment. When I appreciate what I have my day feels vibrant and rich. Is there a better day brightener then when you say thank you to someone else?
According to research, gratitude is a key component of personal happiness.
Martin E. P. Seligman professor of psychology and author of one of my favorite books, Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment has a suggestion to say thank you. He has created a gratitude visit.
- Think of a person in your life who has been kind to you but whom you’ve never properly thanked.
- Write a detailed “gratitude letter” explaining why you are grateful.
- Call this special person and tell them you want to visit. But do not share why.
- Show up and read your letter out loud.
- Congratulations, you have just given yourself a gift too, the gift of gratitude.
The holidays are the perfect time of year for you to share what is in your heart. Perfect for this priceless gift. So, be done waiting. Who needs your holiday gratitude visit?
I am very very grateful to you my Taste Life Subscribers and wish you the best Christmas ever. Remember you get what you expect! Love, Chere