5 Tips to Keep Your Dairy Fresh
I feel as an “Official Wisconsin Cheesehead” that I need to maintain a full cheese drawer at all times!
- Store yogurt on the upper shelf.
- Store butter on the middle shelf.
- Store milk on the bottom shelf to keep it as cold as possible.
- Store cottage cheese and sour cream on lower shelves.
- Store cheese in its own drawer.
Once open, place soft cheeses, like Brie and mozzarella, in an airtight container. Wrap semi-hard and hard cheeses, in wax or parchment paper, then store in a re-sealable plastic bag.
And, don’t forget to keep your fridge temperature between 35°F and 40°F.