Deprived! Sad! Frustrated! These are not words I have EVER used to describe my food. Since I was old enough to help in the kitchen, food has blessed my life. But, since following the LEAP food sensitivity diet my “food life” is a baby short list of foods I can eat. This quick 3 ingredient recipe (who counts salt as an ingredient) is perfect for your gluten free sweet tooth. It actually saved my soul. Before I could introduce untested foods I baked these delicious little gems every other week and ate them sparingly. The world became a better place when my Registered Dietitian sister Laurie sent me this recipe. And, I know Gary would tell you I was easier to live with too!
Laurie created this recipe for herself and her clients who have grain allergies and for her clients who are following the Paleo diet.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter or sunflower seed butter*
- 3/4 cup cane sugar or honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F°.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Scoop tablespoon of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes, or until begin to brown on bottom (depends on size and oven).
- Yield: About 20 cookies ( I make them smaller and get about 30 to 34 cookies)
- I loved the almond butter flavor better and used sugar instead of honey.
- You can substitute peanut butter for the almond butter.
We want to have your simple, and healthy sweet tooth soul filling gluten free treats. Please share– our sweet tooths are waiting!