Our summer’s lazy days are slowly fading to memory and soon to be replaced with jam-packed school and sports schedules, meetings, homework and busy activities. Here are some quick tips to balance the demands of school, work, family and create time for you!
- Identify your top 5 values. What are your activities and behaviors that give you vibrant meaning to your life and help you with your decisions? Some examples could include: family, faith, beauty, creativity, financial security, recognition, or travel. Post them on the fridge. Live. Them.
- Define your standards of balance. Standards are the things you say yes to. Examples could include: Family night one evening each week, no TV or emails after 7 pm, or bed by 10 pm. The more specific your standard the easier to create your boundary.
- Analyze your to do list. Does your list align with your values? Does your list align with your standards?
- Dump perfection. Completion is always better than perfect!
- Grocery shop on the weekend. Have the ingredients in the house on Sunday for three evening meals for your week.