This month I want to highlight Allison Tepper, MS, RD, LDN who helps busy people create healthy lifestyle changes through mindful eating to achieve their desired weight.
Is your winter go-to breakfast oatmeal? Are you sick of the same old same old? Are you concerned about how much added sugar your instant oatmeal contains? You are in luck. Allison’s oatmeal recipe uses ripe bananas that add a natural delicious sweetness. You can also add many different mix-ins that are really tasty and satisfying that will have you wanting oatmeal for dinner too. Once you find your favorite combination you will crave it every day just like Allison.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Combine oats, banana and milk in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, checking to make sure that your oatmeal doesn’t overflow! Or cook on stove top.
- Once done, give it a good stir. Add in raisins, chia or flax seeds, cinnamon and peanut butter.
- Stir it all up and enjoy! Feel free to add any other desired toppings.
- If you are looking to spice things up, try some of the other mix –ins that Allison suggests. You will for sure come up with your favorite.
Allison Tepper, MS, RD, LDN is a Registered Dietitian in the DC Metro area.
She is a faculty member in the Department of Health Studies at American University and owner of her private practice, Allison Tepper Nutrition Consulting. Allison is passionate about helping clients achieve their goals through an overall lifestyle approach that is unique to each individual.
Her belief in a non-diet approach led her to obtain her certification in Intuitive Eating in 2013 to help clients create a healthy relationship with food. Allison works with clients through one-on-one sessions, workshops, lectures and retreats. She can’t wait to empower you.